J's #5 birthday was the day after Mother's Day, and so we woke up in the mountains and got to go swimming, and have a scavenger hunt for presents. I'm still working on one of them (almost 2wks. later). He wanted a blanket with skateboards on it--well, all of the skateboard material has skulls and yucky pictures on it, so we opted for a plain blanket with some fabric scraps, and I am going to sew skateboards all over it. I just can't stand the marketing that targets kids and is so devoid of goodness. This way he'll get what he wants and not have to struggle within his spirit for what he likes/ or feels. A little extra work, but I'm excited to do it for him.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
J's #5 birthday!
J's #5 birthday was the day after Mother's Day, and so we woke up in the mountains and got to go swimming, and have a scavenger hunt for presents. I'm still working on one of them (almost 2wks. later). He wanted a blanket with skateboards on it--well, all of the skateboard material has skulls and yucky pictures on it, so we opted for a plain blanket with some fabric scraps, and I am going to sew skateboards all over it. I just can't stand the marketing that targets kids and is so devoid of goodness. This way he'll get what he wants and not have to struggle within his spirit for what he likes/ or feels. A little extra work, but I'm excited to do it for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Summer 2009
Good for you. You'll have to post a pic of how it turns out.
ReplyDelete