Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankfully having A Fresh Start

There are few things that give my spirit a lift like a fresh start.
That is where I feel I am today.
The family is doing well. We've had an incredible couple of years since I've been on here, some of which is blogged about at
www.klathadventures.blogspot.com
and some of which is on Facebook
and some of which has been chronicled in weekly letters to my dear missionary boys....Will and Matthan.
Life has continued on with many personal and family adventures. Tears, hugs and love just go round and round.
I suppose feeling ready to have a fresh start here is a sign of some room. I've been wanting to, but didn't have the bandwidth to do it.
So what's going on?
Next week is Thanksgiving. And I am Thankful!
God is in the details of my life.
I have been sick for nearly 2 weeks... like seriously in bed and not moving kind of sick.... and after I had a few brain cells make their way back from the abyss, I just couldn't help but think of all of the amazing places the Lord has brought me in the last few years.
Some highlights:
*Bill continuing to be so incredibly stalwart in the gospel. Every move he makes is with the Lord in mind and heart. He truly strives to live according to inspiration and guidance. He is kind to me, we attend the Temple nearly every "Temple Tuesday" night and love it!
*Will serving a mission to Honduras... San Pedro Sula... a very dangerous city. He served and loved the people and hopes to serve them again someday. He's at college at BYU-I now and loving it!
*Matthan is serving currently in Thousand Oaks, CA. He finds a lot of time for music, teaching, service and is an incredible leader. I really miss him and am glad missions are only 2 years!
*Levi is 17 and my right hand man!  I honestly couldn't run this home without his tireless driving of the masses and cheerful grocery shopping! I often stand in the hallway or sit in my room which is across from his and listen to him play the guitar. It makes me happy to hear his voice. He loves the choirs he's singing in! And he has a calling with the Stake serving on the Aaronic Priesthood Council.
 He reads to me every night and I cherish that time we have together!
*Seth is surprising me all of the time! One of the things I've been surprised by this year is his ability to read and play music! He's playing the piano, guitar, alto and tenor sax and told me yesterday that he wants to learn every instrument in the band... and started working with our old trumpet. He too sings in a choir. That  is happy loud music let me tell you!
*Elijah is loving engineering and physics and chemistry and cello. He plays the piano. He is really loving orchestra and choir. He is careful and strives to do his best in everything he does. He would rather not do yard work, but it's a mainstay of his income and strives to do his best there too.
*Rebekah is part horse, or would like to be. She has paid for her own riding lessons for nearly 2 years and is a skilled rider. She loves it! The top of her Christmas list has changed from SISTER to HORSE... still rather unlikely at this point, but wished for! She is skilled at the piano and her voice is delicious! She has told me she has an interest in musical theatre and I think she would love it! She's had an amazing couple of years making new friends with the co-op I set up and that's been delightful!
*John is a mini-----well combo of several brothers and his sister!! He's completely capable and skilled in the arts, he's musical, has an interest in horses, loves to take things apart and put them together, and is fast and accurate in his schoolwork! It's crazy awesome! He's reserved in many situations, but then can be a clown in others. I love watching him grow!
*Jake....ahhh the youngest and most incredible end to our family as we know it! He is so much like Will was at this age.....completely distracted, completely competent, fantastic on the piano, sensitive to wanting to do things right, and not too big for plenty of snuggles. He would starve if we didn't feed him... seriously there's just so much life to live he doesn't feel hunger until he crashes! He's so happy that if he's ever upset, we know he's serious!
*The Momma...well it's a juggling act. I went back to school and got my BS in Maternal Child Health: Lactation, and passed the IBCLC boards, took the basic Cranio-Sacral classes and certified as a Positive Discipline Instructor. I now own my own successful Lactation, Parenting and Cranio Sacral business. It's weird, it's awesome, it makes me crazy to leave my family, but happy to help new families who may or may not have the gospel...Sometimes I want to quit and then I think about the fact that this is what I've always wanted to do beyond family stuff, and so I know it's good. Besides, the Lord has given every step to me. So I've gotten here by being obedient, not just striving
The other most amazing thing this year was having my brother find us. My older brother, that I've always dreamed about???? Yeah, him. I'm crazy happy about it and will be working on catching the blog up about that whole story as well.
Bekah and I after a trip to the Temple.

The Twins turned 15!!!

Momma and Joe

Heather, Momma, Sofie and I on the beautiful walk.... Oct. 2015

Grandpa Nic and Bill on the Beautiful Walk.

Will's HOME!!

Fourth of July pictures 2015



The backpacking line up....before the hike. It was a great trip.


I love the way Bill mentors the kids in the mountains!

I couldn't resist the chance to take a log picture on this hike!

These two share a room right now and are really the best of friends!

I love this picure of Jake! He learned to swim really well this last summer!

At our friend's house for 4th of July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family
Summer 2009