Last night was Wednesday, December 16th. The anniversary of Bill asking me to marry him. I obviously said yes and am so happy that I did so. Our life has been full of things I never would have guessed would be a part of it.... moving a bunch, including to Puerto Rico, putting in more yards than anyone should have to think about let alone do, tearing out old ones, and remodeling way too many times, a LOT of kids, including the twins and the "lost years" (I don't remember when they were born and little), and how about this season we are in the midst of now, "compound living" with the Eliason cousins? I am learning to "live with joy" as the family rule book says, and appreciate being able to look back and say, wow, I did that! Through it all, Bill has been my rock. His ability to press forward is comforting to me and I feel "equally yoked". We have a vision of life that remains constant amidst the chaos. We wrote that vision down early on in our marriage and I still feel its guidance and strength. It reads, "Our Vision is to be standing, hand in hand before God, having done all we could on Earth, understanding the justice of God, partaking of the mercy of Christ, and anticipating our divine inheritance." We have it posted on our bedroom wall and when I read it, it gives me perspective. Other times, when I'm not ready for perspective, I read it and can think, ok, suck it up, and be an adult. You can do hard things! I am happy for the laughter that binds it all together, and look forward to many more years together!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
17 Years and counting
Last night was Wednesday, December 16th. The anniversary of Bill asking me to marry him. I obviously said yes and am so happy that I did so. Our life has been full of things I never would have guessed would be a part of it.... moving a bunch, including to Puerto Rico, putting in more yards than anyone should have to think about let alone do, tearing out old ones, and remodeling way too many times, a LOT of kids, including the twins and the "lost years" (I don't remember when they were born and little), and how about this season we are in the midst of now, "compound living" with the Eliason cousins? I am learning to "live with joy" as the family rule book says, and appreciate being able to look back and say, wow, I did that! Through it all, Bill has been my rock. His ability to press forward is comforting to me and I feel "equally yoked". We have a vision of life that remains constant amidst the chaos. We wrote that vision down early on in our marriage and I still feel its guidance and strength. It reads, "Our Vision is to be standing, hand in hand before God, having done all we could on Earth, understanding the justice of God, partaking of the mercy of Christ, and anticipating our divine inheritance." We have it posted on our bedroom wall and when I read it, it gives me perspective. Other times, when I'm not ready for perspective, I read it and can think, ok, suck it up, and be an adult. You can do hard things! I am happy for the laughter that binds it all together, and look forward to many more years together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Family
Summer 2009
You are a great example to me. I love you dearly! I am so glad you said 'yes'!!
ReplyDelete