If you were the 8th child, would you feel jipped? That's the question I am asked in a round-about way pretty often. I mean really, how can you give your 8th child what you gave your 1st or 2nd?? and the answer is.... "I can't"...... and I'm really comfortable saying ..."and that's ok!" One of the things I never knew, coming from a smaller family, is how valuable the multiple sibling relationship can be. Now, I've seen it backfire if not moderated well, but in our situation as in many, many others, it is a treasure. Not only do the little ones have mom and dad, but they have these older siblings who adore them and quite frankly, who often have the energy to be a whole lot more fun! I really feel like the younger kids have the best of life--- mom and dad aren't so hyper, the family culture is in full swing, and there's always someone to play with! In today's ME -ME-ME culture, it can be pretty strange to choose and love the US-US-US, but we've done it and love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment