Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Hungry!!!!

At our house, we regularly feed from 10-25 people for lunch or dinner depending on the day, and if friends or family are here. I used to get totally freaked out about feeding that many people, and thinking that over the years, it's grown into a common occurrence is amazing to me. Extending that to a gathering of any type, we easily feed 40 or 5o several times a year. The other day I overheard someone talking about having "14 people for Thanksgiving" and I thought--wow how about a trade???
In order to maintain the kitchen, everybody knows that they get to pitch in after a meal. Sometimes someone will leave without doing their part, and that is SO SAD!!! Because I have to do their part!! AND I usually want to be doing something (ANYTHING) else too!! (Whining is against our family rules, so I'm going to have to go to my room and close the door and NO ONE should bother me until I'm READY to come out k?)(LOL)
Because we home school, everyone is always hungry--I know it's because we home school--everything is because we home school--(more about that later). I know that having a refrigerator in the next room and an open pantry is just asking for trouble, but sometimes it drives me nuts to hear...."mom, I'm hungry!" In order to maintain my sanity in the kitchen, we have "Kitchen Hours" and they are posted on the fridge. That way sometimes I can say "Nope, the kitchen is closed, but fruit is always available!" and I don't have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family
Summer 2009