Friday, November 27, 2009

Teeth




Ok, so you'd think that teeth wouldn't warrent their own post, but it's not true! Teeth are a mystery and a laugh to me!! The first and most lasting impression from teeth comes from my babies! LONG nights, fevers, drippy noses and nothing short of pure misery for the both of us until wala! Out pops a new tooth! Crazy. The next thing is the "joy-fear" of losing those teeth that took so many sleepless nights to get here. Excitedly teeth are wiggled and pulled until the most opportune time presents itself. We've had teeth lost at the dinner table, the dentist, in the back yard, and of course, church! Next in the life-cycle of teeth, comes the guilty phase. I am singlehandedly guilty of tying up the tooth fairy and holding her hostage long enough for my child who has lost the tooth to have plenty of time to doubt her existence. (Several times I've had older kids say to me ... "Hey mom, do you want me to handle it?") Hmmmm. So now I'm becoming aquainted with the financial part of teeth. Besides paying my dentist enough to fund his new office suite, and being on a first name basis with all 7 hygenists and the office staff, I'm getting to know his neighbor down the hall, the orthodontist. We've started discussing payments and whether I should just buy him a new car or put a pool in the backyard of his second home.


It's a riot. I love funding other people's dreams. And it's all because of those teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family
Summer 2009